Thursday, September 30, 2010

Just call me Stitch!

What an evening! Nicole invited me over for dinner after work. We were having chicken enchiladas, guacamole, refried beans & salsa. She came over to mow my yard for me today, so she took Sissy home with her, along with my new food processor I got to make salsa with. She was running to Reasors for 1 last minute thing when I got there, & the enchiladas were almost done, so I said I'd start on the salsa.

I was washing the new food processor and trying to be so careful with the blade to NOT get cut, when it slipped and spun around on me just as I was putting it in the soapy water. It nearly sliced the tip off on my right ring finger!  Clay helped me get a couple of bandaids on it and I left for Urgent Care just as Nicole got home to take the enchiladas out of the oven!

It was gushing blood so badly that I didn't even have to sit in the waiting room, which was full of people waiting to be seen! They took me straight back and started fixing me up. The 2 shots on either side of it HURT LIKE H..L! to get it numbed. After that I felt nothing. I watched the Dr. put 4 stitches in it.

Now I have a HUGE bandage (thanks to Katie's friend, Rae, who works there). :o) I have to keep it dry for 2 days and the big bandage on it, then I should be able to wear a bandaid for the next 10-12 days, 'til my stitches come out. I also can't go back to work until Tuesday.

The anesthetic is starting to wear off and it's starting to hurt. Gonna have to take some Motrin, and quit trying to type.  :o)

1 comment:

  1. I will do anything for you, bring anything for you, whatever...but if I see it, you best have some smelling salts close by!

    Sorry you're in pain.....

    ReplyDelete