Monday, September 27, 2010

No Show Osmonds

I went to Branson, MO this weekend with the rest of the Golden Osgirls. We were so excited to be going to see the Osmonds again, and all 6 of us together for the first time! We were almost there when Pam posted a comment on her Facebook page about the trip, and a friend replied to it telling us the guys had cancelled the show for Saturday night! What a letdown!

Lesa had class on Saturday, and wasn't able to leave until 4:30pm, so she drove separately and made it there with 20 minutes to spare before showtime. We didn't tell her about the cancellation until we met her at the theater. She thought we were joking at first, but said she did notice there weren't many cars in the parking lot!

We ended up going to see the movie "The Town" at the IMAX theater. It wasn't a bad movie, I just didn't like hearing the "f word" constantly throughout the entire movie. We got a cake at Walmart and went back to the motel to have a belated birthday party for Pam.

Sunday we took a pic of all 6 of us in our "Hot Flashing For Donny" t-shirts in the parking lot of the motel. That was a hoot! I'll post it as soon as I get a copy from Pam, since we used her camera. We shopped for awhile then headed home.

I guess I won't be seeing the Osmonds this year. The last time I saw them was last November.

1 comment:

  1. I still haven't gotten over the fact that we aren't as important to them as the all important busloads of senior citizens!

    ReplyDelete